Seattle Pap Plus (Bubble CPAP)
- The Seattle-PAP plus from Draeger may be a solution for such complications. The patented Seattle-PAP plus
- Bubble CPAP System is designed to create continuous positive airway pressure and pressure oscillations. The
- 135Â° angle in the submersed tubing increases the amplitude of oscillations, thus providing effects similar to
- high frequency oscillatory ventilation for improving gas exchange and offer more efficient respiratory support
- compared to other methods of non invasive respiratory support. These oscillations are thought to lessen the
- work required from respiratory muscles, which would make it easier for babies to breathe.
Seattle-PAP plus is safe, effective and easy to use. It was designed to:
- Promote infant safety with a uniquely designed pressure manifold with pressure relief valve.
- Safety tube lock to avoid unintended changes of the PEEP level.
- Provide comfort and optimum CPAP support to the infant due to disposable Baby Flow plus interfaces complementing the system.
- Include funnel with the filling tube which minimizes spillages.
- The swivel connector to the expiratory limb prevents unnecessary disconnections and pressure loss.
- The water trap in the expiratory limb prevents unwanted pressure peaks due to condensation in the expiratory limb.